|A biennial flight review or a periodic flight review is mandated for pilots by the aviation authorities of many countries. The review takes different forms in different countries.
For holders of pilot certificates issued by the United States Federal Aviation Administration a flight review (previously the FAA referred to this as a biennial flight review, usually abbreviated BFR) is a review required of every active holder of a U.S. pilot certificate at least every 24 calendar months. The flight review consists of at least 1 hour of ground instruction and 1 hour in-flight with a qualified flight instructor.
FAR 61.56 specifies that the review must include :
(1) A review of the current general operating and flight rules of FAR 91; and
(2) A review of those maneuvers and procedures that, at the discretion of the person giving the review, are necessary for the pilot to demonstrate the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate.
Before being able to act as pilot in command (PIC) a pilot must have completed a flight review within the previous 24 calendar months.
The FAA and instructors are quick to point out that it is not a test. There is no pass or fail criteria, although the instructor giving it can decline to endorse your log-book that a flight review has been completed.
A flight test (administered by an FAA representative or Designated Pilot Examiner that leads to a new certificate or rating may be substituted for the flight review.
Completion of a proficiency check administered by a check airman (typically air carrier pilots) can also be used.
aerien Airbus airplane atp avion Blog boeing born2fly born2fly.fr c172 Cirrus commercial cross country da42 desert FAA florida g1000 gmmx ifr instrument Isabel Goyer jaa job LFPT maroc marrakech mauritanie meridian Miami morocco nav News and Updates p46t pa34 pilote pilotes piper piper meridian Robert Goyer Seneca senegal Speech turbine vfr
- FBI Joins Search For Missing Pilot, Kelsey Berreth13/12/2018 - 5:57 PM
- News and Updates – FAA: Make Sure Laser-Light Displays Aren't Aimed at the Sky13/12/2018 - 5:57 PM
- Going Direct: Burbank, Tailwinds, The Vice President and Landing Too Long12/12/2018 - 6:57 PM
- News and Updates – Save the Date-The UAS Symposium is Coming!12/12/2018 - 6:57 PM
- When Pilots Get Vectored Across Final11/12/2018 - 7:57 PM
- News and Updates – FAA Starting Outreach for Metroplex Project in Florida11/12/2018 - 7:57 PM
- 4 Ways To Avoid A Nightmare Annual10/12/2018 - 7:58 PM
Latest Pictures & Videos
- Citation M2 – flight from JFK to FXE06/11/2015 - 8:12 PM
- Night VFR – Miami26/10/2014 - 4:25 PM
- Engine Failure on a Seneca – Full sequence24/10/2014 - 4:33 PM
- Multi Engine Commercial Training – Marrakech15/09/2014 - 4:06 PM
- Piper Meridian – From Caen to Pontoise05/02/2014 - 1:06 PM
- Piper Meridian – From Pontoise to Caen03/02/2014 - 3:43 PM
- Piper Meridian – From Belgium to France30/12/2013 - 3:49 PM
- Night VFR – Miami25/10/2013 - 4:28 PM