Only a few hundred of the $500 GA Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) rebate reservations being offered by the FAA remain.
Dont miss this final opportunity to claim an equipage rebate and get ready to fly by Jan. 1, 2020.
The FAA relaunched its rebate program last October, offering 9,792 reservations through Oct. 11 or as long as reservations remain available.
Fewer than 1,000 rebates remain as of today. The rate of rebates being claimed has doubled from about 70 per day to about 150 per day in the last week.
The agency may run out of rebates as early as next week.
The FAA rebates are available to encourage owners of fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraftto equip with ADS-B Out avionics, which will be required in certain, controlled airspace beginning Jan. 1, 2020, which is a little over half a year from now.
Aircraft owners need to follow five steps to receive the $500 rebate:
- Purchase the equipment and schedule its installation.
- Obtain a Rebate Reservation Code by reserving a position online.
- Have the equipment installed.
- Conduct the required equipment performance validation and get an Incentive Code.
- Claim the $500 rebate online using the Rebate Reservation Code and Incentive Code.
As with the earlier rebate program, the relaunched rebate program is available only to those who have not yet equipped their aircraft.
In addition to the ADS-B Rebate reservation portal, the FAA’s Equip ADS-B website lists FAA-certified ADS-B equipment and features an equipage database searchable by aircraft type and model.